Benjamin A. Townsend
Liverpool, NY 13090
Network and Systems Developer - ARISE Child and Family Service
Syracuse, NY November 2014 – Present
Responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of installed applications, servers, and networks, and all related peripheral equipment as well as helpdesk support for all clients. Responsible for programming and developing infrastructure built on the Drupal platform.
- Install, configure, deploy, troubleshoot and maintain all servers, laptop and desktop computer systems, network equipment, hardware and computer peripherals, phones and other devices. Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Evaluate and purchase computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software applications.
- Document the development of policies, procedures, resources, and resolutions in relation to the network.
- Plan and implement network security, including building and managing firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backups, file system integrity, adding and deleting users, and resetting passwords
- Participate in the planning and implementation of operational changes to computers, networks, and related technologies.
- Design and Implement new solutions for organizational needs built around the Drupal platform
- In-depth knowledge of: Linux, PHP, Javscript, jQuery, AngularJS, Drupal, MySQL, MongoDB, Apache, Postfix, nginx, HTML, CSS and other related technologies.
- Actively participates in the Drupal community staying apprised of current trends and emerging technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Drupal security patches, Drupal framework, and upcoming upgrades
- Maintains and enhances existing Drupal modules and develops new ones as needed
- Act as Project Manager for new and continuing development projects.
- Integrate the concepts of SCRUM, Rapid and Continuous Development, and agile project management methodologies.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
- Maintain helpdesk inventory. Track, support, and maintain technology for checkout
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored, and accessed by the network.
- Perform periodic audits of policies, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulatory policy.
- Develop and host applications that are compliant with HIPAA best practices.
- Participate on committees to ensure agency compliance with HIPAA and other regulatory bodies regulations.
Network and System Administrator - ARISE Child and Family Service
Syracuse, NY September 2010 – November 2014
- Manage Servers
- LAN/WAN Security and Support
- Desktop User Support
- Wireless Networking
- User Training
- HelpDesk Support
Sole Proprietor - Townsend Consulting Service
June 2008 – Present
- Drupal Development
- Web Development and Design
- Database Design and integration
- AV/Digital Signage Systems
Technical Support Agent - Cloud 10 Corp
January 2009 – June 2011
Provide technical support for client's subscribers, one of the nation's largest Internet Service Providers.
- Troubleshoot a wide range of customer issues; Internet connectivity, home networking, email, web publishing, virus protection, and PC hardware/software support.
- Document Inbound calls succinctly and accurately.
- Provide Efficient and Friendly customer service.
Community Integration Specialist - ARISE Child and Family Service
Oswego, NY April 2007 – October 2008
Assist Individuals with disabilities one to one in learning skills to help them to become more independent in their homes and in the community.
- Work with Individuals with a wide range of disabilities.
- Prepare confidential Medicaid reports on individuals progress.
Project Goliath Display Auditor - Prism Retailing Services
Buffalo, NY July 2006 – March 2007
- Visit Client’s Retail Locations
- Develop a professional rapport with store employees
- Maintain a system of antenna, a computer and Radio Frequency ID tags on displays in the stores.
- Enter visit related data in a timely and accurate manner.
Retail Sales Representative - RadioShack
Batavia, NY June 2003 – March 2007
- Maintain Training and Knowledge Base through company sponsored trainings, and independent learning.
- Demonstrate products and make recommendations to customers based on probing questions.
- Use Suggestive Selling and other professional sales techniques to close sales in a competitive commission based position.
- Responsible for day to day business duties such as banking and inventory control and ordering.
- Supervise other associates during manager's absense.
- Advanced Professional Experince with Microsoft and Linux based Server and Desktop Operating systems.
- Configuration and Maitenance of Microsoft IIS server, Apache Web server
- Programming and Scripting Langsuages: PHP, Java, HTML5, CSS
- Advanced Networking and Routing: Firewalls, Load Balancing, Reverse Proxys, Virtual LANs, VPN connectivity.
- Computer Virtualization: VMware ESX, Oracle VirtualBox, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Electrical Components & Antenna Design: Circuit design and troubleshooting Testing and repair, CAD Antenna Design, test equipment, Site surveys, Antenna deployment and placement. RF safety analysis, Lightning protection.
- Multi-Media Production: Live Sound Engineering, Non-Linear Video Editing, digital format conversion and optimization, transcoding and streaming.
- Ride For Roswell - Amateur Radio Support and Planning, coordination with multi-jurisdictional Police, Fire and EMS services.
- (Former) Executive Secretary – Habitat for Humanity of Genesee County NY, Inc.
- (Former) Webmaster – Habitat for Humanity of Genesee County NY, Inc.
- 2006, 2007 Pumpkin Patrol; New York State Troopers and The New York State Thruway Authority.
- Radio Communications for Community Events – Fulton Amateur Radio Club, Oswego County Emergency Communicators, Genesee Radio Amateurs, Erie County ARES/RACES, Lancaster Amateur Radio Club, and Rochester DX Assn.
- Trained SkyWarn Weather Spoter – NOAA National Weather Service, Buffalo, NY